Download our Post 16 application form and entry requirements
We believe that Post-16 at Whitley Academy provides an outstanding, inclusive and aspirational education through personalised curriculum, innovative learning and leadership opportunities. Everything we do is to empower, support and equip students for a successful future.
To gain entry to Post 16 students are required to have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s, including English and Maths at grade 4 or above. However, some subjects have specific entry requirements, which may include grade 6 or above certain subjects. We offer both academic and vocational subjects to suit a variety of learning styles.
At your interview for Post 16 we will also be looking for:
- Good attitude to learning – at least an average of an 8 (determined by your tutor and Year 11 SLG link)
- Attendance of at least 96%
- A record of being punctual to all lessons
- A resilient attitude to learning and a willingness to learn by mistakes.
- Meeting of grade requirements for each subject
Why join us at Post 16?
Our culture of professionalism, high-achievement and consistent improvement enables every student to be the very best they can be.
Well deserved exam successes for Post 16 students in 2019
Whitley Academy has had another successful year with Post 16 results.
95% have confirmed offers at university or apprenticeships, including Katie, who achieved 4 A*s in Geography, Maths, Further Maths and Economics, and will be attending Cambridge University. Mahmud achieved 3 As in Chemistry, Physics and Maths, and will go on to study Automotive Engineering at Coventry University. Harry achieved 2 Bs and a Distinction, and has been accepted on to a Marketing Apprenticeship.
Julia achieved another fantastic set of results, with 3 A*s and an A, and will go on to study Physics and Computer Sciences at Edinburgh University.
A number of students have elected to further their education via apprenticeships. We have had many other notable performances from the students and we wish them all the best for the future!
Other Post 16 student benefits are:
- Excellent Pastoral support systems
- Expanding range of courses available – A level, Applied and BTEC
- Many opportunities to be involved in whole school student leadership
- Outstanding career, work experience and enrichment programme