Download our Post 16 application form and entry requirements
We believe that Post-16 at Whitley Academy provides an outstanding, inclusive and aspirational education through personalised curriculum, innovative learning and leadership opportunities. Everything we do is to empower, support and equip students for a successful future.
To gain entry to Post 16 students are required to have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s, including English and Maths at grade 4 or above. However, some subjects have specific entry requirements, which may include grade 6 or above certain subjects. We offer both academic and vocational subjects to suit a variety of learning styles.
At your interview for Post 16 we will also be looking for:
- Good attitude to learning – at least an average of an 8 (determined by your tutor and Year 11 SLG link)
- Attendance of at least 96%
- A record of being punctual to all lessons
- A resilient attitude to learning and a willingness to learn by mistakes.
- Meeting of grade requirements for each subject
Why join us at Post 16?
Our culture of professionalism, high-achievement and consistent improvement enables every student to be the very best they can be.
Other Post 16 student benefits are:
- Excellent Pastoral support systems
- Expanding range of courses available – A level, Applied and BTEC
- Many opportunities to be involved in whole school student leadership
- Outstanding career, work experience and enrichment programme
Well deserved exam successes for Post 16 students in 2020
Whitley Academy has had another successful year with Post 16 results, with 100% of students gaining a positive destination.
87.5% students gained a place at University including:
- M who achieved Maths A*, Chemistry A*, Biology A and further Maths A and will be attending Warwick University to study Neuro-Science,
- M who achieved Maths A*, Chemistry A* and Biology A and will be attending Aston Universtiy to study medicine,
- E who achieved IT Distinction*, Maths A* and Further Maths B and he will be going to Warwick University to study Computer Science.
A number of students have elected to further their education via apprenticeships or gaining full time employment.
We have had many other notable performances from the students this year and we wish them all the best for the future!