Download our Post 16 application form and entry requirements
We believe that Post-16 at Whitley Academy provides an outstanding, inclusive and aspirational education through personalised curriculum, innovative learning and leadership opportunities. Everything we do is to empower, support and equip students for a successful future.
To gain entry to Post 16 students are required to have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s, including English and Maths at grade 4 or above. However, some subjects have specific entry requirements, which may include grade 6 or above certain subjects. We offer both academic and vocational subjects to suit a variety of learning styles.
At your interview for Post 16 we will also be looking for:
- Good attitude to learning – at least an average of an 8 (determined by your tutor and Year 11 SLG link)
- Attendance of at least 96%
- A record of being punctual to all lessons
- A resilient attitude to learning and a willingness to learn by mistakes.
- Meeting of grade requirements for each subject
Why join us at Post 16?
Our culture of professionalism, high-achievement and consistent improvement enables every student to be the very best they can be.
Students have achieved the school’s best ever A level results in 2018 despite the new linear exams.
44% of all grades achieved were A*-B with a 96% pass rate. Over a quarter of all students achieved A*-B grades in all 3 subjects, with an increase in students obtaining places at Russell Group (highly ranked) universities. There was a 100% pass rate in the new vocational qualifications.
Student result highlights in 2018 included:-
Chirag Virchande, A*/A/A, going to Warwick.
Charlotte Gater, A*/A/A, going to Birmingham.
Rachel Downing, A*/A/B, going to Leeds.
Harvey Gilbert, A*/A/B, going to Lancaster.
Sarah Ruiz Sanchez, A/A/B, going to Manchester.
Connor Neeson, 3 D distinction Vocational grades.
Other Post 16 student benefits are:
- Excellent Pastoral support systems
- Expanding range of courses available – A level, Applied and BTEC
- Many opportunities to be involved in whole school student leadership
- Outstanding career, work experience and enrichment programme