Why Whitley Academy Post 16?
We believe that Post-16 at Whitley Academy provides an outstanding, inclusive and aspirational education through personalised curriculum, innovative learning and leadership opportunities. Everything we do is to empower, support and equip students for a successful future. Our culture of professionalism, high-achievement and consistent improvement enables every student to be the very best they can be.
Some of our most recent successes are:
- 43% achieved A*-B grades in their A levels
- 100% passed their A levels
- 100% of students gained their University place
- Excellent Pastoral support systems
- Expanding range of courses available – A level, Applied and BTEC
- Many opportunities to be involved in whole school student leadership
- Outstanding career, work experience and enrichment programme
"The sixth form is good and students make good progress on their post-16 courses. Students receive helpful information, advice and guidance which help them to make wellinformed decisions about future employment,
education and training." - Ofsted Quote 2013